Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun with the new camera

The other day I pulled out my new camera, freshly inspired to take amazing pictures of my kids. But I soon realized that I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about my camera or how to actually take pictures that look remotely like something a professional would do. So, I started at the beginning. I read the owners manual! Have you ever read the owners manual of anything you own? Me neither; at least until this camera. And after reading (and skipping) through the manual, it only further convinced my of how little I know about photography. Although I did finally learn what aperture is. (Thank you Shannon!)

Well, my camera is pretty high tech, so I did the best I could. Check it out:

Camden loves our cat, Darcy, and likes to rub heads with him.
Kensi plays with a toy while in the tub.
This one's a little blurry, I know. I am not a professional so don't be hatin'. But I still like this and almost think it has a bit of an artsy look.
Here is the close-up setting on Camden.
Close-up of Kensington. No botox here, baby!
Camden is a natural at this stuff. 
Yes, she is always this happy.
Our big boy Camden. Did I tell you he pee-peed in the potty for the first time today? Milestone!! ...They grow up so fast...*sniff*

1 comment:

Laurie McKeithen said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures...and I'm not even prejudice one bit! You really did do good. My favs are the close ups in sepia. What gorgeous eyes they have, not to mention the mouths and the noses! Just plain fabulous!!!